The Summer/Autumn 2015 issue of MTCircular, the newsletter of the Math Teachers’ Circle Network, is finally here! We are pleased to bring you this special issue of the MTCircular, which features articles contributed by presenters at a Joint Mathematics Meetings special session on “Math Teachers’ Circles and the K-20 Continuum.”
Highlights from this issue include:
- What do we mean by “modeling”?
- Research-based ideas on supporting teachers both mathematically and pedagogically
- Developing statewide networks of MTCs in Nebraska and Ohio
- Investigating perfect rulers
- Finger multiplication and Math Without Words from James Tanton
Extensions of this issue’s finger multiplication Problem Circle to toes and extraterrestrials are available here. Send your solution to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14 for a chance to win a free copy of Marc Chamberland’s Single Digits: In Praise of Small Numbers, from Princeton University Press! Through September 30, you can also use code P06096 to receive 30 percent off your purchase of Single Digits at press.princeton.edu.
Please contact email@example.com with any comments or suggestions. We hope you enjoy the newsletter!